Sadhana Wellness & Hot Yoga Philadelphia presents a 200 hr Yoga Alliance Teacher Training Experience with Colleen Hoplamaizian and Katelynn Ingersoll
Become Yoga Alliance certified to teach the original 26 and 2 original hatha yoga series through the lens of the Vedic tradition. Spend 6 weekends in the studio at Hot Yoga Philadelphia and one immersion week down the shore in a bay front home in Ocean City New Jersey.
During this journey, we will dive deep into teaching techniques, medical and Ayurvedic anatomy, and daily practice while honoring our core values:
- Service – the way to self realization is service
- Science – firmly rooted in Vedic teachings
- Sadhana – A life led through spirituality
Students will be required to complete logged daily practice, practice teaching requirements, and field observation. Topics of study will include but are not limited to yoga anatomy, introduction to yoga philosophy, and an introduction to Ayurveda and holistic body work.
Course reading materials:
-Yoga Philosophy Reading:
- The Yoga Sutras of Patanjali. By Sri Swami Satchitananda
- The Yamas & Niyamas. By Deborah Adele
- Life of a Yogi, Teachers Manual. By Dharma Mittra
- The Bhagavad Gita: A Walkthrough for Westerners – Jack Hawley
- Autobiography of a Yogi – Paramahansa Yogananda
-Yoga Asana Reading:
- Hot Yoga Master Class: Discover a Beautiful Hot Yoga Practice, Precision Techniques for Beginners to Advanced. By Gabrielle Raiz
- Bikram’s Beginning Yoga Class: Bikram Choudry (“Blue Book”)
- The Key Muscles of Yoga – Ray Long
- The Anatomy Coloring Book – Wynn Kapit & Lawrence M. Elson
- February 13 & 14, 2021
- March 6 & 7, 2021
- April 3 & 4, 2021
- April 24 & 25, 2021
- May 15 & 16, 2021
- June 12 & 13, 2021
- July 18th – 25th immersion week in Avalon, New Jersey down the shore. Accommodations included in tuition.
About the course leaders:
Colleen is an RYT-500 hour yoga teacher with certifications in 26+2 (Bikram style), Vinyasa, Barkan Vinyasa, and Yin. She expanded her yoga training and is also a Reiki Master, Thai Massage Therapist, & Ayurvedic Counselor. Colleen Is currently continuing her education through the California College of Ayurveda and is on herway to becoming an Ayurvedic Doctor. She is an advocate of the healing arts and strives to be a well-rounded, well-informed practitioner and teacher. She has found healing through developing a daily Sadhana of yoga asana, meditation, mantra, and Ayurvedic practices. She believes yoga and the healing arts are a powerful tool to help people shed their blockages and live full, authentic, joyful lives.
Katelynn is the founder and lead Ayurvedic practitioner at Half Moon Ayurveda and the owner / director of Hot Yoga Philadelphia. In 2008, she completed 450 hours of yoga teacher training with Bikram Choudhury. Her Ayurvedic Studies were completed in 2012 under the guidance of Dr. Vasant Lad. In 2017, in pursuit of a Nurse Practitioner degree she received her RN licensure and is currently completing that course of study at UPenn. She sees clients one on one for Ayurvedic diet and lifestyle consultations and teaches yoga at her yoga studio and Ayurveda clinic in Center City Philadelphia. She is an aspiring devotee of Krishna and desires to live a life in service to others.
$3999 – late bird
$3499 – early bird – ends Nov 1st
$500 non refundable deposit to reserve your space
50% due Jan 15th
50% due before day 1